Chairpersons, Department of Architecture
University of Nairobi
MetadataShow full item record
The College of Architecture and Engineering (CAE) is one of the six Colleges of the University of Nairobi. This College together with the other five colleges was established in the year 1984. However, the history of the College can be traced back to 1956 when it started as the Royal Technical College which used to admit students from the whole of the East African region. Therefore the college is as old as the University of Nairobi. The College is constituted by the Schools of Engineering, the Built Environment, the Arts and Design and the Institute of Nuclear Science. The Principal’s office is located along the Harry Thuku Road, on the 2nd floor of the Administration block, Main Campus. The School of Engineering and the Institute of Nuclear Science and Technology are also located along the Harry Thuku road, next to the Central Police Station. The School of the Built Environment and the School of the Arts and Design are located along the State House Road, opposite the YMCA hostels. The college has played a key role in the development of the nation and region both infrastructural and economically. Students from most of the countries in this region have received training here and have applied their knowledge to solving practical problems for government departments and agencies, local authorities and private sector organizations. The College is constituted by the Schools of Engineering, the Built Environment, the Arts and Design and the Institute of Nuclear Science.
- Deans and Chairmen